Metro, Rev reserves end scoreless
September 18, 2005 (Official Game Summary)

MetroStars New England

09.18.05 · Reserve

The MetroStars and the Revolution reserve teams settled for 0-0 draw on a clear sunny Sunday morning. Due to the New York Jets home opener against the Dolphins, the reserve game was played at the NJIT Campus Field.

The game was a hard fought defensive battle with both goalkeepers, Zach Wells of the MetroStars and Doug Warren of the Revolution, were hardly tested in the 90 minutes of gametime.

The first scoring chance of the game came in the 16th minute when MetroStars forward Abbe Ibrahim connected onto Ryan Suarez's cross only to see his header miss the crossbar by a couple inches. Seven minutes later, MetroStars captain Mark Lisi unleashed a strong shot straight at the Revolution goal, which was saved by Warren and was followed by the first corner kick of the game for the MetroStars.

The start of the second half brought three new faces into the match. For New England, Ryan Latham replaced fellow midfielder Andy Dorman and Jose Cancela was replaced by Marcos Romaniero. The MetroStars brought in Jerrod Laventure for Abbe Ibrahim.

Laventure went straight to work in the 47th minute, when he collected a beautiful through ball from Eric Quill, only to see his shot go wide of the post. Two minutes later, the game saw its first yellow card when MetroStars defender Jeff Parke was booked for a hard slide tackle. In the 56th minute, the MetroStars made their second change of the game, bringing in Chris Corcoran for Seth Stammler. Ten minutes later, defender Ryan Suarez got into the offensive mix again, this time taking a hard shot at Revolution goalkeeper Doug Warren. Warren was forced to make a good save and was able to breathe a little easier after his defense cleared the ball out of the penalty box. Five minutes later, the MetroStars made yet another change, bringing in midfielder Mark Pedreiras for Quill.

With time winding down, in the 84th minute Ryan Suarez was given a yellow card for a hard tackle. With three minutes left in the match, the MetroStars saw their best chance to score hit the crossbar and go out for a corner. Laventure attempted to cross the ball into the box but his cross took a deflection off of one of the New England defenders and the ball hit the upper right crossbar and went out for a corner. Appropriately, this scoreless defensive battle was whistled to end at exactly 90 minutes, ending the game with no extra time.

•  News Archive
•  Rumor Mill
•  Weekly Awards
•  Season Ratings
•  Last Game Ratings

•  History Overview
•  All-Time Roster
•  All-Time Results
•  All-Time Stats
•  Team Records
•  Hall of Fame
•  All-Time XI
•  Numeric Roster
•  International Roster
•  Coaching History
•  Captain History
•  Draft History
•  Trophy Case
•  Transfer Records
•  Frivolities
•  Honors History
•  Award History
•  Ratings History

Home · Team · News · History · Boards · Stuff · About